lunes, 8 de diciembre de 2008

Just because

Listening to MJ's "Billy Jean" and loving it. What can I say? It's a modern classic.

Tonight I am sitting in Kerkchoff's coffee shop, surrounded by a mass of frazzled college students cramming for finals (myself included). After attempting to swallow some complicated math business - and failing quite miserably - I have decided to take a break and think about what it is about life that makes it worth living for. Off the top of my head, here's my list of sunshine and butterflies:

- Creating something and calling it mine
- Intense existential thinking (kind of ironic that this is under a list of what makes life worth living)
- Expression through art

- Mustard yellow
- Design, drawing, painting, Photoshop
- Learning the sciences (organic chemistry, biology, ecology, etc.)
- Sweat trickling down my face after an exhausting run
- EATING GOOD FOOD!! especially meat
- Listening to genius music (ahh Beatles!!!)
- Watching films with some meaning, but with an even better soundtrack
- Conservation, recycling
- Hiking, camping, exploring, trailblazing (especially in Yosemite!)
- The Spanish culture and language
- South Park (Cartman!)
- Watching sappy movies and laughing at how heinously unrealistic they are and crying at the same time wishing such things were real

- Mismatching, funky colored nail polish
- Thrifting, vintage stores
- Laughing at the stupidest things when I lack sleep
- When spontaneous moments turn into the best moments
- The stars and the city lights


I will add more as I think of them.

Tactfully,
T.J.